Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!!!!!

Happy New Year everyone. HB and I saw the new year in with Ben, Kirst, Bob and Nikki. Much beer was consumed. Something happened at around 2.30am and I went from relatively OK, to completely fucking wrecked. Apparently I ended up going to bed at around half six after attempting to go for a cycle. What a fucking clown.
Anyway I had organised a cycle with the East Lothian MTB crew. We had swithered between the first and the second of January, but thank christ most folk had opted for the second as I was pretty much a write off on the first, with a wee pedal up to Saltoun with Dave being the my only activity, and that nearly resulted in me spewing my ring all over the shop.
I was feeling much better on the second, everyone met up at my bit with full hip flasks ready to go. We had a top day out pedalling around some of the woods, my mate Bruce even gave me a shot of his Pugsley, with its big fat tyres it flies over all the swampy bits and slippy roots and rock easily. I recon I'll need to get myself one pretty soon. We had regular jelly bean and booze stops, there was two lots of sloe gin, some JD and I had brought some of my home made ginger and lemon wine/liquer stuff. This may have been the reason Faithir binned himself going down kichie woods, writing off his back wheel high siding down the trail. I was right behind him when it happened, if only I had a helmet cam, what a fucking laugh. 
New year cycle
New year cycle
New year cycle
New year cycle
New year cycle
New year cycle
New year cycle

After we got back to mine we headed to the Winton for a gallon of beer. Fuck knows how everyone else managed to cycle home, I was well pished. Luckily HB had made my tea which saved me being rough as a badgers arse the next day.
New year cycle
New year cycle

All in all we had a fucking top day and a good start to the new year. Quality fun. Just ask Gary....
post beer Gary.


2 comments:

  1. Nice to see a Pugsley! My old boss had one and despite being in his mid-50's, finished 5th in a 500 km endurance race across the Simpson Desert in Australia!

    Great blog by the way, enjoying working my way through it. One of my riding partners has a handful of C50's and 90's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Geoff, I now have my own Pugsley! Check it out http://yodagoat.blogspot.com/2011/07/coastrider.html
    You'll enjoy my mate Bruce's blog too, the Pug was the first one in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete