Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Old Bastard

My cool wee new camera.

Last Monday it was my birthday so I took the week off work. HB got me a wee point and shoot camera, a Ricoh PX. Its nowhere as good as my Nikon D80 SLR but its tiny wee, its waterproof, dust proof and shock proof. It takes pretty good photographs too and can shoot HD video. I've spent most of the week out and about with the wee Ricoh in the awesome weather we've been having. Here's my week off in pictures.

Up the Lammys on the Pugsley
When I got up after my nightshift I got HB to drop me off at the foot of the Lammermuirs. I had planned to cycle from here to Carfraemill.

Up the Lammys on the Pugsley
Start of the trail.

RIMG0013Up the Lammys on the Pugsley
Steeper than it looks. Its quite a slog getting to the top of Lammerlaw

Up the Lammys on the Pugsley
Up the Lammys on the Pugsley

RIMG0025Up the Lammys on the Pugsley
Up the Lammys on the Pugsley
Up the Lammys on the Pugsley
At the top of Lammerlaw

IPA at The Lodge, Carfraemill

Jake and the Pugsley


HB, Extreme, Other Mike and I went for a cycle round the local trails and a pint in the Winton. 

Mike under Saltoun Bridge
Other Mike under a bridge.

Extreme on the Kinchie Trail.
Mike on the Kinchie Trail
HB on the Kinchie Trail
On the Kinchie Trail.

RIMG0173
HB's stoked.

Pugsley and Extreme at Saltoun

The Winton Arms.


I've had the GS out a few times too. I've not got many photos though because I left the memory card at home! What a fud. The Ricoh has a wee bit internal memory though.

GS at The Bike Chain, Edinburgh.
Mark from The Bike Chain sorted me out with a new innertube for the Pugsley.

BMW GS and a Roof Bamboo lid.



Aaron, HB and I went for a spin in Aaron's Landy to Tyningham Beach. I chucked the Pugsley in the back so Aaron and HB could try it out on the beach.

Aaron's Landy


Aaron's Landy

Pugsley at Tyningham

Pugsley at Tyningham
Aaron sorting out the Gopro.

Pugsley at Tyningham
Pugsley at Tyningham
Pugsley at Tyningham

Pugsley at Tyningham
Aaron rips it up on the Pug.

Pugsley at Tyningham


Nightmare!
I found a split in the front tyre of the Pugsley. I couldn't afford £85 for a new one.

RIMG0152

Luckily for me Gary had a nearly new tyre that he sold me. Sorted!

Pugsley at the dookit


I chucked the bike rack on HB's car and the Pugsley on the bike rack and went down to North Berwick to ride along to Canty Bay. I nipped in and visited Dave at Law Cycles too.

Surly Pugsley at Law Cycles, East Lothian
Surly Pugsley at Canty Bay, East Lothian
Surly Pugsley at Canty Bay, East Lothian.


All this awesome weather coupled with some ace nights out with friends made an awesome week off. Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes!

Up the Lammys on the Pugsley






6 comments:

  1. Good pics Mike, enjoy that pug! -:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!! Sounds like you had an awesome week and I'm jealous of your sunny weather.

    Ricohs. I haven't seen one of those since I lived in British Columbia and worked at a camera shop. I don't think I've ever seen one in the USA. Thanks for that walk down memory lane. It takes pretty good pics for being a wee camera. Nice to tuck into a pocket and go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it normal for a pint of beer to reverse the orientation of object behind it? 5 or 6 pints and beer goggles are a real possibility and things that shouldn't, begin to look attractive. But a single pint? hmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously bright colours (not sure of the official term( in the pics Mike... especially the 'pint' one - I like! :) Which Doocot was that by-the-way?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers Gav. Thats Pencaitland dookit at Dovecot Way.

    ReplyDelete