Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Caithness Holidays

I've been up to Caithness for beeg G's wedding and a wee holiday. It was good to see the Caithness crew and have a few beers. HB drove up, her first time driving back up to her Dad's in Lybster where we stayed, she shat it a wee bit on the Berriedale Braes but kept the wee 106 tamed!
I took the push bike up with me and rode the black route at the Highland Wildcat Trails at Golspie. I'd watched loads of videos and heard a fair few stories about the place but  it doesn't give you a real idea about how steep it all is.The climb had me proper fucked at some points and (unlike me) I got lost so missed the lactic ladder section and ended up going the lang way roond, I still had a good sense of achievement getting to the top. Coming back down is mental. The first few sections had my arse going like a rabbits nose, but one I got used to it I got a wee bit faster and even caught some "air". Radical.
Can't wait to get down to Glentress now to see what thats like.
The only downside to the Golspie run was me losing my phone in the car park at the end of the day. Hopefully the insurance will sort it all out.
Monument to George the Bastard, Duke of Sutherland.
He was responsible for the Highland Clearances. Probably not the most popular monument around.
Fat Twat on a pink bike at the top of Ben Bhraggie. Fuckin get in!
 I still haven't managed to get out on the GS yet, which it a bit of a pisser as the roads will be gritted soon, but the C90 has been getting some action. I got 60 out it tonight, maybe something to do with the cold air (and the tail wind.) Pretty soon I'll have someone to race. Fast Morton has got himself a C90. Its a 1976 6 volter. It needs some work but should be on the road soon!
"I'm going to fit 3 turbos blah blah......."
"The nitrous tank will go here etc......"

Watch this space.....

No comments:

Post a Comment