Friday, January 15, 2021

November rain.

 Back in November our area dropped to level 2 covid restrictions so HB and I decided to get away for a couple of nights. I was pretty desperate to get away on the bike so I took the K75 while HB kept nice and warm in her car. I serviced the K75 and treated as much of the bike as I could with ACF50 in an attempt to keep the damage from the salt at bay.

K75 to Applecross

We decided to posh things up. We'd booked the Applecross Inn and Tim's big cabin at Strontian. Covid restrictions, the lack of daylight and freezing temperatures meant I had to take the most direct route to Applecross. Usually I'd do my best to avoid the A9 between Perth and Inverness but this time I was so grateful to be able to get away on the bike I actually enjoyed it. It was however, freezing. It was wet for a fair chunk of the run too. I rode from East Lothian to Inverness in one go and by the time I got to the cafe in Tiso at Inverness I was properly shivering. I felt much better and warmer after I'd eaten half the food in the cafe and I set off once again.


K75 to Applecross

DSC_9975

Inverness to Applecross was a pleasant run. I was hoping for a nice sunset from the top of the Bealach Na Ba. Unfortunately the teaser at Tornapress was clouded out at the top. Still, it was a nice run over and it was great to get down into Applecross.

K75 at the bottom of the Bealach Na Ba, Tornapress.

K75 to Applecross

K75 to Applecross

K75 to Applecross

We had a quiet but good night in the Inn. It was good to catch up with Judy and the folk at Applecross. The weather was cold but sunny the following day making for a really nice run to Strontian. HB was a bit concerned about the icy conditions on the Bealach Na Ba but I never noticed it apart from a few frozen puddles.

K75 to Applecross
Judy Fish MBE loves the K75.

BMW K75s at the top of the Bealach Na Ba overlooking Skye and Raasay.

BMW K75s on the Bealach Na Ba overlooking Loch Kishorn

Eilean Donan

K75 and a cloud inversion over Loch Garry, Scotland.

It was a cold run down but I really enjoyed it. I even seen a few other bikes out and about. The salt on the roads may wreck your bike but the scenery makes up for it. We had another good night at Strontian, discussing plans and hopes for 2021. We're still hoping to have the Sunart Wildcat rally, although we'll be waiting till it's deemed safe to do so before we announce anything.

A cold K75s at Sunart Camping, Strontian.

A cold K75s at Sunart Camping, Strontian.

It was another freezing run home the next day. Once back the K75 got a good wash down and I warmed back up with a long shower. I had the Gopro so I'll knock up a YouTube video which I'll post up here later on.

Mike


DSC_0007

BMW K75s at the top of the Bealach Na Ba overlooking Skye and Raasay.

BMW K75s on the Bealach Na Ba overlooking Loch Kishorn

No comments:

Post a Comment