Sunday, September 25, 2011

Back to Glentress.

The birthday boy. Fux ake.

I've been down to Glentress a couple of times over the past week. Last Sunday it was Woody's birthday so a bunch of us went down for a play about. HB came down with us for her first go at Glentress, and even though she had a couple of crashes she did well and we'll be heading down again soon. It was Bennetts first time at Glentress too, he only had one crash but it was quite a dull one, crashing while on a black graded skinny log that crosses a ditch. Ooya! As always I took the Gopro. Here's the film.
Bennetts and his injuries.
Eatin cakes in the Hub Cafe afterwards.
Woody got the new Magicshites for his birthday and has been desperate for a night cycle around Glentress. So he borrowed his missus dad's camper van and we headed down with Big G. We had a good shot on the red run, belting down spooky wood and the rest. Woody got a puncture at magic mushroom, then G broke his chain. So after a bit of a walk we got back to the vans and put the lights on the bikes. We headed out to do some of the blue run, all was going well but then I burst my seatpost right at the bottom of the trails. After a long push back up we got the barbecue/firepit fired up and had a couple of beers before a few runs down berm baby berm. There was a bunch of mad bastards flying down the trails, quite a show in the dark. The gopro didn't work too well in the dark, but hopefully that will improve when I get a light on my lid. My seat wasn't completely fucked so I managed a couple of runs before we stopped for more beers before kipping down in the camper van. The next day we cooked a rake of meat the belted down the blue to the bottom then headed home. A quality night oot.
Buzzards Nest.
Berm Baby Berm, Glentress.
Berm Baby Berm, Glentress.
Berm Baby Berm at night.

Woody
Big G
Woody
Woody
Fud.


My Kitchen
Breakfast.
All this sick ass extreme shit has had a negative effect on my hand. Its STILL sore from that crash a few weeks back so I might have to go back to the docs. Hopefully it'll get better soon cos we've got a wee camping trip planned on the GS......






4 comments:

  1. Some of you rpics are quite creative...as for you hand harden the fuck up and get on with it. Whee are you camping? Do you take every thing on the bike? Loo paper? pots? Food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, I carry all that stuff. For cooking I use a Swedish army trangia meths stove, its the one in the second last pic. It packs down really small, is big enough to cook a decent amount of food, and is pretty indestructible. It might take a few more minutes to boil eater than some fancy stoves, but I'm never really in much of a rush when I'm camping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about the Sunday Post and The Post Orifice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those night photo's are excellent Mike, just catching up with things now. Good post mate.

    ReplyDelete