Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Big Hairy's Chopper.

Pruning 'Kinchie woods
I finally got new tyres on the push bike. My mate Paul gave me a WTB Stout, which I put on the front and I got a Panaracer Megablaster 2.5 off ebay for six quid. I fitted them a couple of days ago. To my utter joy GHC, Liam and Faithir arrived just as I was starting. They helped me no end by pointing out I was doing it wrong, getting in the road and generally slagging me off. Cheers guys.
Anyway, I got the tyres fitted and after coffees and tea the guys went home and I went for a wee pedal to make sure the tyres were fine. I headed round the corner to visit Dave and fucko! I got a puncture in the front. Luckily I had a spare tube so I chucked that in and I was sorted once more.

DSC_0294
DSC_0291

Yesterday I wanted to head out and try the tyres properly. My favorite local trail, 'kinchie woods, has been getting pretty overgrown. So I figured I'd combine the two, tyre test and trail maintenance, in one go. Dave said he was up for coming along, he brought his wee mini saw and I borrowed Big Hairy's machete, which made light work of the bushes. Whamo!

Pruning 'Kinchie woods
Dave gets his shit on with the machete.

Trimming the growth back really made a difference. Usually you get to the bottom with a bad case of 'Kinchie Arm, where your arms have been scratched to fuck by the holly bushes. All our hacking allows you to go a fair bit quicker down the trail but I still need to do a wee bit more pruning as I got smashed in the face by some twigs on the way down, and I was going fucking fast as HB was getting me a spicy haggis supper for my tea. Champion!
Haggis Supper
Fat cunt.

The new tyres have made a massive difference. No longer am I sliding about all over the shop. I've got shitloads of grip and they still roll easy enough to stop peddling up hills turning me into a wheezing mess. We went out for a night cycle this evening and I got another puncture, at the back end this time. Fucking nightmare! Hopefully that's me had my share of punctures for a wee while.
I'll end this post with another pic of Dave wielding that chopper.

Pruning 'Kinchie woods

4 comments:

  1. With the punctures out of the way right out of the gate, you should be good to go. Either that or you need to scour your trails with a magnet first to pick up screws and nails and other sharp objects. Find a way to magnetize the dog then let him run ahead and collect the debris.

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's that nutbar with the machette ? I'd give him a wide berth ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, you asked about the bikes in the background on my blog. One is a 1500 Kaw Vulcan Nomad, and the other is my wife's 1100 Yam V-star. We have had them out to Montana and also out to Connecticut, where my brother lives.

    I gotta go, Carlo

    http://www.ottertailcountry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats the Butcher of Kinchie woods commonly known as Bell End Slappy

    ReplyDelete